Monday, December 8, 2008

Invest in Dreams

For anyone who is interested in more than just dreaming, but interpretation, this entry is for you. I am by no means an expert, but I know some people that have developed and studied dream interpretation from a biblical perspective.

There are many dream interpretation books. So before you start buying you have to be clear on what you believe spiritually. For example, if you purchase both Christian and new age type dream books, you will get conflicting and potentially confusing information, thus never being able to accurately interpret your dreams.

Since I am Christian I buy all my books based after my rooted truth, which is Jesus Christ and His Word. My suggested reading list will reflect that.

"Understanding the Dreams You Dream" by Ira Milligan is the best dictionary-type book that I've come across. It is short enough that it's not overwhelming and it has all the basic scriptural interpretations. I would say that this is my bible in the world of dreams. In fact I've told so many of my friends to purchase this book, because they call me all the time asking about interpretation. Someone suggest to Ira to start a referral program!

"The Prophet's Dictionary" by Paula A. Price, PH.D. is a very in-depth guide to supernatural wisdom. It's a fat reference book containing more than 1,600 relevant definitions of terms and phrases. This is not a beginner's book. Again, look up Ira first.

"The Seer" by James W. Goll is like a textbook of information. It is the bomb! You will discover the the prophetic power of dreams, visions and life under the open heavens. How does the visionary revelation happen? Can it be trusted? Where does it fit into the life of the church today? I am still reading this book because it has so much info in it. I couldn't take it all in at once. It's an excellent choice.

"Dreams and Visions: Understanding Your Dreams and How God Can Use Them Today to Speak to You" by Jane Hamon. This is easy reading and a great starter book. I really enjoyed it and could hardly put it down.

I've also been told that John Paul Jackson has a great prophetic ministry. I have yet to invest in any of his materials, but you can search out his site on your own. He's huge on dream interpretation, in fact, he holds many conferences all over the country teaching people how to interpret dreams. http://www.streamsministries.com/

Sometimes it can get pricey, reading and conference hopping, but it's worth it to develop your gift. Finally the best reference guide you will ever have past, present and future - the "Bible."

There were so many people who dreamt in the Bible, good and bad. Read the book of Daniel. He used his dream interpretation in the King's court many times. As did Joseph when he was in jail in Egypt. (This is another blog entry though.)

Enjoy the suggested reading materials. I bet you'll find that when you start reading and investing in dreams, you'll start having more.

0 comments: