Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Climbing Waterfalls - It's Not Impossible

This morning I had one dream.

I was climbing up the middle of a waterfall. There was some water falling down (like a waterfall), but most of the water was going opposite of the way it should. In fact, there was so much water over my head it was like a huge mountainous wave. I was amazed at how this waterfall was completely and totally opposite of what a real waterfall is like. Though I wasn't afraid, even though I knew that big wave was going to crash over me at some point and I might fall into the pool below, I didn't even care. I also couldn't remember why I would try to climb a waterfall in the first place. At this point, I stopped and waited for the wave to overtake me, knowing that it wasn't going to be a bad thing - scary - YES ; bad - NO.

So I've been sitting on this dream all day waiting for a revelation up until now. I've been sitting here journaling and talking to God.

He reminded me that He was bringing me resources and that everyone around me would benefit. He said to remember His ways and declare His truths in all my circumstances. He said it wouldn't be easy, and it wouldn't look possible, but He told me I could do the impossible because He was with me. He said he was refreshing me so I could move forward.

As I kind I thought about what he said I remembered my dream and the many parallels to my conversation with God.

Climbing a waterfall is impossible, but He's with me and that's what makes it possible to even get halfway up the waterfall. Water is refreshing and in this case it's a huge wave. He said, He is refreshing me. (You know when God does it - it's always more than enough!) I also feel like the wave could represent resources that have been held back, but once they are unleashed - watch out! I'm getting bombarded with blessing and so is everyone around me. (We know that if you're close to the edge when a wave comes - you're getting wet.)

I love that nothing is impossible with God. (Luke 1:37) Even when you're doing the impossible - like climbing a waterfall.

Thank you God for reminding me in a dream and confirming it in a conversation!

Anybody else have a good encouraging dream to share?

0 comments: