Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Think I'm Psychic

A definition of "psychic" from Webster's Dictionary:

- sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences: marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception or understanding

So I interpret psychic to mean hearing, perceiving and understanding supernatural forces. As Christians we should know that:

1. Our God is supernatural
2. Our God is a spirit
3. We are spirits
4. He wants to talk to us and is talking to us all the time.

That means a Spirit from a supernatural dimension is trying to communicate with us.

When I talk to Him I allow myself to be sensitive to His Spirit. I try to hear his voice through feeling, hearing and seeing. I try to perceive and understand what He is saying.

Daniel was a young Jewish noble who was captured and carried off to Babylon. He later was employed for many years in Babylon as the chief magician to the king. He was supervisor "of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans and soothsayers." (Daniel 5:11)

While he was head of this group, he didn't listen to the same spirits as the others did. In Daniel 2, Daniel asks the Lord to give him Nebuchadnezzar's dream and interpretation. When the Lord gives him a night vision, Daniel acknowledges the Lord and gives him praise. Then he visits the king.

Daniel answered before the king and said, "As for the mystery about which the king has inquired, neither wise men, conjurers, magicians nor diviners are able to declare it to the king. "However, there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will take place in the latter days. This was your dream and the visions in your mind while on your bed." Romans 2:27-28

Daniel clearly tells the king what spirit revealed to him the dream and interpretation. We could say he "channeled" the spirit of God.

Daniel and his friends were found by the king to be 10 times better than all the other magicians. He had dreams and visions with interpretation from the Lord. So could it be safe to say that Daniel was sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences: marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception or understanding?

I think so. Daniel was a psychic.

I think the word "psychic" carries a lot of negativity in the Christian realm. Probably because it's mostly the secular realm that gets all the attention when it comes to hearing in the spirit. If you walk into any Barnes and Noble this time of year I guarantee you'll find every tarot card, palm reading, spell casting, hearing in the spirit realm book front in center because of Halloween.

Just the other day I read an article on the front page of the paper where a reporter went to talk to the local psychics and witches about where the economy was headed. Are you kidding me? I had to laugh out loud. Then I thought - where are the Daniels of this generation? Where is the church? We have got to rise up and show that our God knows all things. He is 10 times better than any magician, witch, etc.

I have to say I don't really like the word, "psychic," but I think I am according to the world's definition. And that's O.K., I just don't want to talk/channel to any spirit other than the Holy Spirit.

In my next blog I'm going to talk about the newly released Matt Damon movie, "Hereafter." (He plays a psychic.)

0 comments: