Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cheap Gas Dream


I am still on a high from my cheap fill-up a couple of days ago. I filled up my tank November 26 in Toledo (Exit 71 off 80/90) for $16.18! Though I knew it was going to happen, because of a dream I had back in October.

So here are my gas dreams.....

About 3 months ago I told my mom that I had a dream that gas was $2.50. At that time gas was about $3.90 or so. My mom laughed and said, "Maybe $3.50 - but gas will never be $2.50. Those days are gone."

Knowing what I know about my dreams, I said, "You wait, Mom. Gas will be $2.50." About a month and a half went by and my mom and I kept talking on the phone, our conversation always turned to gas prices. She'd say, "Wow I got gas for $3.01 today." Then a week later she'd say, "I got gas for $2.77 today!"

Where my parents live in Northeast Ohio, the gas is always cheaper than Northern Indiana. So her gas was much cheaper way before it was for me. But I kept saying, it didn't count until I got the gas for $2.50 because I was in the dream getting gas for $2.50.

Well then I had another dream on October 22. I was at the gas station and gas was $1.50 a gallon. As I stood there, the gas kept going down, then it would go up a little, then down a little. Eventually gas was 28-cents a gallon.

I told my mom that one, "Yeah right, " was her response. She believed that $1.50 could happen, but not 28-cents.

At that point I still hadn't gotten my gas for $2.50 yet, but was encouraged, because I knew it would go down even more than that.

Finally around Halloween time I got gas for $2.39 a gallon! One dream down - another dream to go.

On November 26, I was travelling on 80/90 toward Cleveland to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. At exit 71 in Toledo I saw gas for $1.48 a gallon! Needless to say I started screaming and pulled off to pay my toll immediately and sit in line for cheap gas at the truck stop!

I litterally filled up my tank for $16! I was so excited I took a picture, texted it to all my friends, with sound. Yes sounds of me screaming for joy that gas was that cheap!

Dream #2 about gas is almost fulfilled. I don't know if I have faith for 28-cents a gallon. Perhaps the rest of this dream will come true when we use our own resources or find another fuel that dominates the market other than gas. Until then, I will just enjoy my $16.18 fill-up.

0 comments: