Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Sister and I Don't Just Share Clothes

When we were kids my sisters and I would fight about sharing clothes. Now that we're older, we have what we call, "garage sales" from our closets. Well, they (my two sisters) have the sales. The cool thing about it is I get most of all their old stuff for free! So now that we've learned how to share, we've started to share other things - like dreams!

Earlier this month I had a dream during a 45 minute nap on my couch after work. In the dream my youngest sister and my parents went to Wendy's fast food restaurant to eat. My sister went behind the counter because she saw a bunch of people that she knew. I assumed she ate, but I don't really know. My parents ordered their food and should not have been satisfied with their food, but didn't seem to notice. I on the other hand, was very dissatisfied. For instance I wanted ketchup and I got ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together. My fries were only half full. No matter how many times I went up to complain to the workers, they could not get it right. I left frustrated and hungry. Now all off us were in the car, me in my state of hunger, my sister appeared satisfied and then my parents who really didn't have an opinion. Then I woke up.

Two days later, my younger sister calls me and tells me that she had a dream that morning that my parents and I were in a restaurant of some sort and we were at some counter ordering food. She saw people that she knew and she broke off from us to visit, but didn't eat. Then we were all in the car together riding home.

I started freaking out, because I had the same dream, but from my own perspective and she from hers. Could it be possible that while we slept our spirits experienced a timeless realm, though it was during different times in the natural realm? I'm not sure about this, but I do know that it is possible for people to dream the same dream.

The magi, in Matthew chapter 2, after they visited Jesus and presented Him with gifts they had a dream. "They" being the key word, meaning more than one magi had a dream, whether it was exactly the same dream, we don't know. We do know that the dream had the same warning - not to return back to Herod.

"In a dream, they were warned not to report back to Herod. So they worked out another route, left the territory without being seen, and returned to their own country." Matthew 2:12 (The Message)

So while my sister and I had the same dream, but from our own perspectives, do we have the same interpretation? I"m not sure, but I do have an idea about the interpretation of my dream.

The food represents my spiritual food. (We're all eating it, but her.) I"m not satisfied with what I've been listening too. I also know that I tend to run to a book for a "fast" answer other than to the Lord or the Word - thus not being fully satisfied with the answer. (fast food representing - fast answers) I know that my sister is seriously seeking God and spending time with him daily, if not all day, because of her intense ministry program that she's participating in. She appeared to be satisfied. One of my sister's was missing from the dream. That's because she is not spiritually feeding herself at all. Thus the reason why she was missing from Wendy's. Wendy's represents the place where I"m feeding from. I'm feeding from teachings and books - fast but not fulfilling.

I felt that this dream was just a symbolic dream to show me where I"m at spiritually. I feel convicted to get in the Word along with contemplative prayer with God when I need an answer to something I'm pondering.

0 comments: