Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Ugliest Wedding Dress Ever!

I had a dream I was changing the hair and clothing of an old college friend, though the changes I made didn't make him look any different. In the second dream I was in an ugly velour wedding dress. I mean the ugliest, trashiest wedding dress - if you can call it that. The torso area was black and the rest of it was long, tight and cream. I was very concerned about the ugliness of it; however, my grandmother and mother were not. They told me I picked it because I was being cheap and that I should just wear it anyways. I was so upset about how ugly it was I tried to change it last minute by going through both of my sister's closets to find something else to wear. After a frustrating session of trying on more ugly dresses I decided to call off my wedding. I told my mom to go tell the groom (?) that I was too ugly and was not going to get married looking like this.

I have sat on this dream for more than a week! I have a couple theories.

1. Could it be that I am really worried about other's appearances and my own? Could it be that I am shallow? If this is true - Wow! I need some help. The relief in this is that - there's nothing God can't heal or clean up. So perhaps my heart needs a scrubbing.

2. Could it be that God is showing me in the first dream that no matter what changes are made to a person's appearance they are still the same person? My friend was still the same even after changes were made to his appearance. And regardless of what I wear in a wedding ceremony- wouldn't I want someone to love me for me and not what I wear? No matter what I wear, I'm still the same person.

3. Perhaps this dream is even deeper than appearances. Perhaps I'm getting married!

Now that you got a little chuckle and you probably think I'm shallow - just remember I'm keeping it real. God's not always sitting around telling me he loves me. Though he does a lot of that. He tells me things about me because he loves me.

0 comments: