Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Angel Woke Me Up: "Seeing" the Supernatural.

For a couple of years now I've been asking the Lord to open my eyes to the spirit realm. What I mean is I want to see what is going on in the spirit superimposed over the natural. For example: if there is an angel in the room, I want to see it.

(Note - I am not seeking this more than God. He is who I am after first and foremost. And my heart longs for the things of the spirit. I know that if I ask Him for bread, He will not give me stones. I also believe it is Him that has placed this longing inside me.)

I have been able to sense and feel the angelic and demonic. I've also seen the demonic, but for whatever reason I have not seen the angelic. I keep asking God why do I only see the bad, but not the good. What doors do I have open, do I need cleansing somewhere? Is my filter dirty? Or do I just look for the demonic more than the angelic? Hmmmm. I'll continue to pray about this.

Now I have seen with my "minds eye" or "with the eyes of heart," (Ephesians 1 :8) which I describe as seeing a picture in your mind. When these experiences happen, I look to feel or sense if what I am seeing is accurate. I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but that's how I do it. Basically pausing to look for, see, sense or feel God.

So a couple days ago I was listening to some message that had nothing to do with seeing in the spirit, when one sentence from the minister jumped out at me.

He said, "If you want to see in the spirit, just believe and start looking until you do."
I'd probably heard that before and it sounds so simple, but I purposed in my heart that by faith I would "see." We receive Jesus by faith, whom we have never seen, but we believe. This sounds like the same thing.

That night I went to bed and, like usual, woke up at 4 a.m. (I've been waking up real early lately. You can read about that in this blog post.)This time I did not want to get out of bed. I was like Lindsey Lohan in the movie, "Freaky Friday," where Jamie Lee Curtis' character is trying to pull Lohan out of bed by her feet. It didn't work for Curtis. And it didn't work on me when God woke me up. I simple rolled over and said, "God if you really want me up, you'll wake me up again." (I'm a brat sometimes. I know.)

I fell back to sleep and I"m not sure how long it was (it could have been two seconds or 2 minutes), but I saw in my "mind's eye" or in a dream that an angel was next to my bed, bent down and taking a deep breath. Then with one quick, short blow of his breath, then angel blew on my face.

I literally felt it and jolted out of bed. Now that got my attention and I woke up.
Now did I see this angel with my natural eyes? No, but I think I did see it in the spirit. In fact, I'm convinced. Which leads me to a new question to ponder, "What if I do see in the spirit, but my idea of seeing and God's is different.

So how I have no doubt that he will show me at some point. In the meantime, I"m going to continue to believe and then look for the supernatural.

I'm bound to find something.

What about you? How do you "see?"

0 comments: